HOWTO: Set up and use Track Anything
The Track Anything form allows you to track any clinical numerical data that you wish to track.
In this document we will review the process of configuring a new track, and plotting the data gathered through it into a graph.
NOTE: adobe flash plugin must be activated to plot the data
Virginia Balseiro – LibreHealth EHR Intern, 6 February 2019
If you know Track Anything is registered and enabled, go straight to the Configure section. Otherwise:* Click on the Administration menu, then Other, and select the option Forms.
- A new screen will open with the title Forms Administration.
- Under “Registered”, you should find the Track anything form.
If you don’t find it under Registered, see the guide on HOWTO: Register Contributed Forms.
1. Once Track Anything is set up, create a new Encounter.
2. Once created, in the Encounter form select the “Clinical” menu item.
3. Select Track anything.
4. Click on “Configure Tracks”.
5. Click on “Create new Track”. We can add as many tracks as parameters we want to track.
6. Fill in the required info. “Position” determines which level we are adding. 0 will be top level (the parameter we are tracking, in this example it is Glucose) and then we can add sub-fields (for different aspects of the parameter we are tracking: measurements, circumstances in which the measurement was taken, etc).
7. By clicking “Add” we can configure the second tier. In this case we will add Serum Glucose.
8. Fill in the required fields, and this time “Position” will be 1 because we are now on the second tier.
9. If we add another sub-level to the Glucose track, we will have to set Position to 2. In this case we are adding Circumstance so we can keep track of when and how the measurement was taken. You can add any other sub-level you feel you need here.
10. We can add as many tracks as we want. Here is what our list will look like after we added Tonometry and its sub-tiers.
11. Once done configuring tracks, click on the “Back” button.
1. Select a parameter to track.
2. Enter time and other data and click on “Save”.
3. After adding all the desired data, click on the Stop button.
4. Check the selection box and click on Plot selected Items.
5. The plot will appear above. You can hover over each data point to see more information.
6. Track items can also be accessed through the Patient Summary page.
Note: if you are in Chrome, you need to have Flash enabled to be able to view the plotting.
To enable Flash:
- Click on the lock sign next to the URL in your browser
- Enable flash by selecting “Allow” in the dropdown menu
- If you cannot see Flash in this menu, click on Site settings to open the settings window.
- When the new window opens, scroll down to find and enable Flash.
In this document, we have reviewed the procedure to configure the Track Anything form and plot the data into a graph.
To see how to register a new contributed form, see HOWTO: Register Contributed Forms.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this documentation, please refer to the Contact Author section below.
Virginia Balseiro – firstname.lastname@example.org