How to Create, Edit and Delete Appointments in LibreHealth EHR (EN)
How to Create, Edit and Delete Appointments in LibreHealth EHR
The purpose of this documentation is to demonstrate how to use the Calendar module to create, edit and delete appointments in LibreHealth EHR.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to: • Create an appointment • Edit an appointment • Delete an appointment
Note that all names used in this document are fictional.
Virginia Balseiro, LibreHealth EHR Documentation Intern, February 13, 2019.
To perform actions related to appointments, first log into LibreHealth EHR with the necessary privileges.
1. Click on the “Calendar” menu on the upper left corner on the main menu.
2. A new tab “Calendar” will appear on your screen.
3. On this tab, you can select the desired view by clicking on “1 day”, “2 day”, “week” or “month”.
In this example we will use the “1 day” view.
Create an Appointment
1. Click on the Medical Provider’s name to obtain the Provider’s schedule.
2. Click on any time interval on the Calendar to open a new dialog which will allow you to create an appointment.
3. A new window will open with two tabs: “Patient” and “Provider”. The “Patient” tab will be active, there you will be able to enter information related to the appointment you are creating.
- Select the appointment category from the “Category” dropdown, in our case “Established Patient”
- You may make an appointment for another date and time other than today using the Calendar date-picker and “time” inputs
- Select the “Facility” which will be receiving the patient, in our case “North East Clinic”
- Select the “Billing Facility”, in our case “North East Clinic”
- To select the patient, click on the “Patient” input and a new screen will appear
- On the new screen, choose the search type from the “Search by” dropdown. In our case, “Name”
- Start typing the name of the patient and the results will show up below
- Select the name that matches your patient
- Select the room number in which the appointment will take place from the “Room Number” drop down
- In the “Comments” field, enter the reason for the visit
- If the time slot chosen for the appointment is taken, click on the “Find Available” button to find a convenient slot
- A new dialog will appear proposing free time slots
- You can search time slots from a given date and duration
In this example, we’re searching available slots within the next 30 days starting on 02/12/2019
- Click on the “Search” button
- Select a convenient time slot by clicking on it
4. Click on the “Save” button to complete the appointment creation process.
Edit an Appointment
1. Click on the appointment corresponding to the appointment on the Calendar. A new screen will appear.
2. On the new screen, make the necessary changes and click on the “Save” button.
Delete an Appointment
1. Click on the appointment found on the Calendar. A new screen will appear.
2. On the new screen, click on the “Provider” tab and then on the “Delete” button.
3. An alert window will appear. Click “OK” to confirm.
In this tutorial we have reviewed the processes to create, edit and delete an appointment.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you, and that you have a better understand of how to work with these features of LibreHealth EHR.
If you have questions, please visit the LibreHealth community in the LibreHealth Forums, where you can get in touch with the developers and other users who may be able to assist you.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this guide, you can get in touch with the author using the information in the “Contact the Author” section below.
Contact the Author
- Virginia Balseiro, LibreHealth EHR Documentation Intern – email@example.com