J-pro.LibreHealth EHR Flow Board
The purpose of this document is to give a quick reference of ‘Flow Board’ module present in the LibreHealth Electronic Health Record (LHEHR).
It gives an overview of accessing and setting personal user preference in the Flow Board.
We will go through the process to find appointment and then changing the status.
The process to view the medical details of the patient is also covered in this document.
Note: You should be logged in to access the ‘Flow Board’ module.
Jayanti Chapagain, LibreHealth EHR Outreachy Applicant, Nov 2, 2019.
Accessing the Flow Board
After you log in, the ‘Flow Board’ module is opened in the right side of ‘Calendar’ module by default. In any case it is not, click on the ‘Flow Board’ menu, next to ‘Calendar’ in the upper right corner of the main screen.
The ‘Flow Board’ module looks like this:
Shortcuts in Flow Board
The title bar of the module has three icons as shown in the picture below.
- The first icon, when clicked, refreshes to show the latest information on the module.
- The second icon is used for locking the module. When clicked, the module minimizes and floats under the main navigation bar. The lock icon is changed to unlock icon as in picture below.
The module can be opened again by clicking on the unlock icon.
Note: In the lock state, the refresh icon is hidden.
- The last icon is used to close the module.
Flow Board User Preferences
Flow Board Preference settings can be accessed by clicking the gear icon.
After clicking the gear icon, the list of preference settings appears.
You can check or uncheck different options to set your preference for what to show and hide in the ‘Appointment’ section (which is covered in the ‘Appointment Finder’ below) of the ‘Flow Board’.
Similarly, the ‘Ending Date for Patient Flow Board’ can also be set by selecting an option as per your preference.
The ‘Patient Flow Board Time Interval’ can be set by selecting the available options. The options show the duration (in seconds) in which the ‘Flow Board’ refreshes itself to fetch the latest data. Selecting ‘No automatic refresh’ disables the auto refresh mode.
After selecting your preferred options, click on the ‘Save’ button.
Patient Appointments can be searched using the selection tools like ‘Provider’, ‘Status’ and ‘Date’ as shown below.
- Provider: It allows selecting from a list of providers, with whom the patients have appointment. ‘All’ providers is selected by default.
- Status: Patient with specific status during appointment can be searched using this selection tool. ‘All’ is selected by default.
- Category: The category of the patient can be selected to search from the available options. ‘All’ is selected by default.
- Date: It allows filtering the appointment for a specific date. Current date is shown by default.
Note: If ‘Allow Date Range in Patient Flow Board’ is selected in the ‘Flow Board Preferences’, date range ‘To’ and ‘From’ will be present in place of ‘Date’.
- To: The starting range of the date
- From: The ending range of the date
After selecting from the required options, click on the 'Submit' button. The appointment list is shown as per the filter used, under the ‘Submit’ Button.
Similarly, appointments can be found for a specific date. In the example below, there are 3 appointments for 2018-10-18. Appointments are listed with different colors as per the status.
Changing Patient Status
To change the status of Patient:
1. Click on the status of the patient in ‘Appointment’ list.
2. A new window will open.
3. Click on dropdown and select a status as required. Here, we are changing from ‘Reminder Done’ to ‘Reschedule’.
4. Assign or change the ‘Exam Room Number’ if required.
5. Click on ‘Submit’ Button.
6. The new window closes and status is updated in the previous window. Notice how the color of appointment listing changes with the change in status.
The detail medical information regarding the Patient can be seen and edited by clicking on the Patient Name.
Patient Portal will open in the right side of the current module. The information like Patient’s ‘History’, ‘Report’, ‘ Documents’, and other related information can be seen from here. The profile of patient can also be updated from here.
This document helps the user to be familiar with the ‘Flow Board’ module of the LHEHR project.
It states about the procedures of accessing the Flow Board and setting personal user preferences.
Searching for the patient appointment, along with changing the status type is also covered.
A brief overview of viewing Patient information is also stated in this document.